Wow, am I terrible blogger or what? You would think with the 2-4 hours of free time I have a day I would get some blogging done. Or maybe it’s because we just aren’t that interesting? It’s winter and it’s cold. So we don’t do much that’s very exciting. But two weeks ago we decided it was the weekend to redo our upstairs bathroom! Our house is pretty old so we don’t have a master bath per-say, but since it’s just the two of us we don’t have to share the bathroom unless we have guests.
So we had some paint leftover from when my dad came and painted our entire house (in 3 1/2 days)! So we (and by we I mean Tyler) took our bathroom from a ugly yellow/beige color to a beautiful, warm tan color. Before we went out shopping I was looking at our ugly plain mirror and I said we need to change this mirror and Tyler was like really? So we decided we wouldn’t change it, too expensive. But we had measured it already and then when we were in Home Depot looking at shelves, there was a beautiful mirror for only $30. And my oh my does it add some beauty to the room! It’s amazing what a coat of paint and a new mirror can do for a room.
I also completed one of the Pintrest projects I had been after doing for awhile. I ordered a bronze spice rack off of Amazon and my wonderful husband put it on the wall for me and it now houses the majority of my nail polish collection. I own 71 bottles of nail polish, now you may say I have a problem and yes I do. My problem was they wouldn’t all fit on the rack! Although I should probably take some time out to go through them because I am sure that many are too old to be used.
So here is my post on our home remodeling projects. Next project is to complete the fence in our yard (once it gets warmer) so that Dolly can have a place to run around and play with a little less supervision. She loves the outdoors and sometimes refuses to come inside. She’s like a child sometimes.
I have found a new recipe and it is delicious and perfect for a cold winter night! And a bonus is that it’s in the crock pot and so easy when you are on the go. This is a recipe I found on Pintrest and the credit goes to the Like Mother Like Daughter blog. So I can’t take credit for this delicious recipe but a big thank you for this one! I would eat it every week if my husband let me get away with it, and he usually does 🙂
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice
3 chicken breasts
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups of broccoli
1. Put everything except sour cream and broccoli in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
3. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
4. In a rice cooker (or however you like) cook about 4 cups of rice.
5. Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.
7. When done cooking, stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture.
8. Enjoy over a bowl of rice
The only things I have done differently is I use less chicken because there is just two of us and one time I tried to go by memory and used 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead and it turned out just as good just a little bit creamier. This is a delicious, easy meal! Enjoy!
I mean this as a question, not a sarcastic statement. Well maybe a little of both. I am not the biggest fan of winter and I am looking forward to green grass and warm weather! But in an effort to be positive there are some good things about winter.
1. Christmas. I love the Christmas season 2. Hot Chocolate. I will have to post the recipe for the homemade mix. Delicious. 3. Fires in the fireplace. This one would be especially nice if we had a fireplace. But for now we just have to enjoy them when we visit family. 4. Snow. This one is a good/bad thing. I love a good snow if I am able to spend the day home, on the couch under a blanket with a fire and some hot chocolate. Combining all of my favorite things about winter. However when it snows and I have to drive to work that is not this southern girls thing. Living up north is a different experience. And I am not claiming Northern Virginia as the north because I have friends in Boston and North Dakota and brr I don’t know how they do it. But for a girl from the south this is winter! So when it snows an inch I’m like why isn’t everything shutting down? Because that’s what a little snow does to Atlanta. I am glad it’s been a mild winter and I am ready for Spring! Who is with me?
Due to the cold temperatures we have not been very much fun lately. I spent this past weekend sick. Not fun. But we did enjoy the Super Bowl on Sunday night, Go Ravens! Now it’s just back to the grind of working for the weekend.
Hope everyone is good! I will be posting my new favorite winter comfort food recipe later! It is delicious and so easy!