I have found a new recipe and it is delicious and perfect for a cold winter night! And a bonus is that it’s in the crock pot and so easy when you are on the go. This is a recipe I found on Pintrest and the credit goes to the Like Mother Like Daughter blog. So I can’t take credit for this delicious recipe but a big thank you for this one! I would eat it every week if my husband let me get away with it, and he usually does 🙂
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice
3 chicken breasts
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup of sour cream
2 cups of broccoli
1. Put everything except sour cream and broccoli in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
3. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
4. In a rice cooker (or however you like) cook about 4 cups of rice.
5. Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.
7. When done cooking, stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture.
8. Enjoy over a bowl of rice
The only things I have done differently is I use less chicken because there is just two of us and one time I tried to go by memory and used 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead and it turned out just as good just a little bit creamier. This is a delicious, easy meal! Enjoy!